As an employer, it is in your best interest to hire employees who will provide the highest amount of good and work effort to your company. By doing so, you are ensuring that you receive the most productive work out of your employee as they receive just compensation and benefits from you. That is why it is also important to enact a substance abuse policy and a drug free work environment at your place of business.
There are many companies that don’t enact such a policy and are sometimes forced to feel the negative effects of drug abuse in the workplace. There are numerous reasons why a business should enact some sort of drug or substance abuse policy. We have listed some of the important reasons below:
- Avert accidents in the workplace.
- Avoid the increased risk of injury associated with drug use in the workplace.
- Reduce the chance of theft at the workplace from other employees or the company.
- Avoid increased absenteeism or tardiness associated with employees who abuse drugs.
- Reduce the amount of health care costs in your company.
- Avoid the adverse effects on the emotional well being of employees and their personal relationships.
The reasons to enact such a policy are clear. For the safety and well being of your employees and the company as a whole, enact a drug free substance abuse policy at your company today.
Contact us to learn more!