+1 866.389.9342

Motor Carrier / Boc-3

Transportation Compliance Service

To transport freight across state lines you will need to obtain your Motor Carrier Interstate operating authority (MC #). The requirements are dependent upon the GVWR of the vehicles that you use to transport this freight. The following list details the requirements by GVWR .

Vehicles 10,000 lbs GVWR and Less:

  • MC number
  • $300,000 Liability insurance

Vehicles 10,001 – 26,000 lbs GVWR:

  • US DOT number
  • MC number
  • UCR registration
  • $750,000 Liability insurance

Vehicles 26,001 lbs and greater:

  • US DOT number
  • MC number
  • UCR Registration
  • $ 750,000 Liability insurance
  • Apportioned License Plates (IRP)

+IFTA License
State Permits – NY HUT, KYU, New Mexico, Oregon ( NY HUT for 18,000 lbs gvwr and up)
The FMCSA no longer requires cargo insurance filings. Most companies you work for will require some amount of cargo insurance coverage, but it no longer needs to be filed with the FMCSA.

BOC-3 Agents

BOC-3 Agents are also referred to as Process Agents. You are required to file a form BOC-3 with the FMCSA to activate your MC number. The BOC-3 form is a list of agents who will receive any legal or official papers on your behalf and will then forward them to you. If you are an Interstate Motor Carrier, you must have a designated agent in each state.

We can secure your permanent Process Agents for every state and file your form BOC-3 with the FMCSA for you. We will then send you the form BOC-3 for your records.